One of the biggest challenges faced by farmers today is not the markets or weeds or diseases, but the ability to farm when the majority of our population does not understand farming or what we do.
是扎根,参与Maizex的倡议betway体育Seeds, developed to support the efforts of our farm customers, dealers, and others who want to help educate those not in agriculture about what it takes to produce the food we eat. This includes family and friends, people who want to learn in community or service organizations, media influencers, and government officials.
Today it takes less than 1% of our population in Western Society to produce enough food to feed not only the other 99% in our country, but also others around the world. Our productivity in agriculture is unprecedented. In fact, farmers are responsible in large part for helping to drive the high standard of living we enjoy in Canada today. Our ability to produce enough food from a small percentage of our population has allowed the creation of a range of careers, skills and opportunities never thought possible when we were an agrarian society focused on survival. This success is based on the range of technologies farmers have adopted over the last few decades.
Contrary to some mainstream public perception, these technologies have not only dramatically increased productivity, but also allowed farmers to produce a safer, higher quality food supply with greater environmental stewardship and a reduced carbon footprint.
The Be Rooted Part
In order to tell our success story, it is important that all of us have the ability to talk to our relatives, friends and others we come in contact with about the technologies and practices we use today. This means understanding what they are and why we use them – including the benefits they provide not only on the farm, but to society as a whole.This is the Be Rooted part.
The Be Involved Part
Once we are comfortable in understanding the what and why of what we do, it is important to confidently share these facts and our experiences. Farmers are continually ranked as one of the most trusted professions in our society today. We need to reinforce and build this trust by sharing the facts and our own experiences.This is the Be Involved part.
For the success of our food supply and future generations of farmers, it is important we share our story today.